On the Wedding Day: Stains and First Aid Kit
It’s best to be prepared for spills, tears and wrinkles. Pack a first aid kit with matching sewing thread, needle, scissors, baby powder and a Clothing Brush or Lint Brush. Don’t forget the steamer, it will ensure that perfect end result.
- Steam the dress, suit or tuxedo as a last step before the ceremony. The steamer will remove all creases and give the fabric a perfect finish.
- Brush off dust and hair with a Clothing Brush.
- Mask stains, but don’t start any advanced stain treatment. Blot wine stains with a dry tissue – but stay away from harsh chemicals.
- Chalk or baking soda can be used to mask fatty acid stains temporarily. This is only meant for white garments, of course.
- Quickly mend tears with matching thread, if necessary.
- Treat stains with harsh chemicals or any household remedies, unless you’re 100 % sure it’s going to work and that it won’t harm the fabric. Instead leave it to the experts at the dry cleaners, after the wedding.